Saltwater New Fish Integration
We always recommend quarantining your fish for a minimum of 2 weeks prior to placing them in a show aquarium.
- Place fish into a clean bucket with all packaging water.
- Use air line tubing to siphon water from the tank into the bucket at a rate of 1-5 drops/sec depending on the volume of original water. A loose knot can be tied in the air line tubing to regulate the water flow.
- Let the water volume at least double preferable more and make sure the salinity's are identical before preceding. This should take about 20-40 minutes.
* As you are acclimating, you can use a profolactic dip such as Paraguard at 3ml/gal for the removal of possible external parasites.
- Turn off lights to reduce aggression from dominate tank mates. Remove fish from bucket and place into tank. If aggression is occuring feed the tank to allow the new fish time to find refuge.
- Discard water in bucket and top off tank with new saltwater.